Forza Motorsport 6 Drive to Win
Forza Drive to Win Sweepstakes
1. Instructions on how to enter form part of the conditions of entry. By participating entrants agree to be bound by these conditions.
2. The Promoter is Microsoft Pty Limited, ACN 002 589 460 of 1 Epping Road, North Ryde, New South Wales, 2113 (Promoter).
3. Entry is open to residents of Australia, New Zealand, the United Kingdom and United States of America who are 18 years of age and over, and for Australia, New Zealand, and the United Kingdom hold a current Xbox LIVE Gold membership (Membership), a copy of the Xbox game Forza Motorsport 6 and have the ability to play it during the Promotional Period (as set out in clause 5) (Eligible Entrants). Residents of the US may enter without holding a Membership or a copy of the Xbox game Forza Motorsport 6 during the Promotional Period, as described in clause (5) below.
4. Employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter, its retailers, suppliers and associated companies and agencies are not eligible to enter.
How to Enter
5. The competition commences at 9.00am (AEST) on 10 September 2015 and closes at 11.59pm (AEST) on 9 October 2015 (Promotional Period). The Promotional Period is divided into two rounds:
a. The preliminary round, which commences at 9.00am (AEST) on 10 September 2015 and closes at 11.59pm (AEST) on 25 September 2015 (Preliminary Period), where ten (10) preliminary winners will be randomly selected; and
b. The final round, which commences at 5.00pm and concludes at 6.00pm on 9 October 2015, where one (1) final winner will be determined from the Preliminary Round winners (Final Round).
6. To enter the Preliminary Round, Eligible Entrants must, during the Preliminary Period:
a. Log into their Membership account on an Xbox One console; and
b. Complete a lap on the "Xbox One Bathurst Challenge" with the #17 Ford Falcon in the Forza Motorsport 6 Xbox game
(7a and 7b together constituting an Eligible Entry).
7. Eligible Entrants who complete steps 7a and 7b above will have their gamertag automatically entered into a pool of all Eligible Entries received from that Eligible Entrant's country of residence.
8. For US residents only, to enter without completing steps 6a and 7b above, Eligible Entrants must:
a. visit xbox.com/forzadrivetowinwinusa; and
b. fill in all requested details on the online form.
9. Only one Eligible Entry per person will be entered into the Preliminary Round draw.
10. Ten (10) preliminary winners will be randomly drawn in the presence of an independent scrutineer on 28 September 2015 at 10.00am (AEST) by the Promoter at 1 Epping Road North Ryde NSW 2113 in the following manner:
a. The first five (5) Eligible Entries drawn from all Eligible Entries received in Australia;
b. The first one (1) Eligible Entry drawn from all Eligible Entries received in New Zealand;
c. The first two (2) Eligible Entries drawn from all Eligible Entries received in the UK;
d. The first two (2) Eligible Entries drawn from all Eligible Entries received in the US,
11. Preliminary Winners will be notified by phone and in writing to the email address provided as part of their gamertag registration or the email address provided in the online registration for US residents, at 11am (AEST) on 28 September 2015. The names of all Preliminary Winners will be published in The Australian on 30 September 2015.
12. All Preliminary Prizes must be distributed given the time sensitive nature of the Preliminary Prize. The Promoter will take all reasonable steps to contact the Preliminary Prize winner, including contacting the phone number and email address registered to the relevant gamertag.
13. Each Preliminary Winner must claim their Preliminary Prize within 48 hours of being notified in writing by the Promoter. Failure to do so will cause the Preliminary Prize to be forfeited by that Preliminary Winner and, if necessary and subject to any directions by any relevant authority, the Promoter will conduct an unclaimed prize draw at 10am (AEST) on 31 September 2015 at 1 Epping Road, North Ryde, NSW, 2113 to distribute any unclaimed prizes.
14. Winners of any unclaimed prize draw will be notified in writing to the email address provided as part of their gamertag registration or the email address provided in the online registration for US residents, within 2 days of the unclaimed prize draw. The names of all winners of the unclaimed prize draw will be published in The Australian on 3 October 2015.
15. Residents of the US who are under 21 years of age and are selected as Preliminary Winners will only be awarded with the Preliminary Prize once they have provided the Promoter with written notice from a parent or legal guardian that:
a. Consents to the Preliminary Winner accepting and participating in the Preliminary Prize; and
b. Acknowledges that the parent or legal guardian will travel with the Preliminary Winner, and undertake all joint activities, as the Preliminary Winner's companion in the Preliminary Prize.
16. Each Preliminary Winner will be automatically entered into the Final Round and will win the following (Preliminary Prize):
a. Return economy airfares to and from Sydney, Australia for each Preliminary Winner and one (1) companion from the capital city closest to each Preliminary Winner’s place of residence (international winners must take flights to Sydney on or before 6 October 2015 and return flight home on 12 October 2015), (value will vary depending on Preliminary Winner's capital city, but approx. $2500);
b. 2 x Corporate Hospitality tickets to the Supercheap Auto Bathurst 1000 on 8-11 October 2015, valued at $2,400 AUD;
c. 1 x Course Ride at Bathurst 1000, valued at $200 AUD;
d. A variety of Xbox Racing merchandise, valued at $300 AUD;
e. 2 x Sydney Harbour Bridge climb vouchers for Preliminary Winner and companion, valued at $300 AUD;
f. Breakfast, lunch and dinner meals provided by the Promoter for Preliminary Winner and their companion the duration of the trip (4 nights), valued at $300;
g. One (1) night accommodation in a twin share room at a minimum 4 star hotel in Sydney, to be determined at the Promoter's sole discretion, valued at $200; and
h. Transfers by minibus from Sydney to Bathurst and three (3) nights' accommodation for the Preliminary Winner and companion in shared three-star accommodation in Bathurst, to be determined at the Promoters’ sole discretion, valued at $800.
17. Total approximate value of Preliminary Prize: $95,000 AUD.
18. Any Preliminary Winner who resides in the Sydney metropolitan area will forfeit the flights and Sydney accommodation portion of the Preliminary Prize set out in clauses 16a and 11g above and no compensation or substitute prize will be offered.
19. All Preliminary Winners will be entered into the Final Round which will take place on 9 October 2015 in Bathurst. Failure by any Preliminary Winner to attend the Hot Lap Finale event will be considered a forfeiture of their entry into the Final Round.
20. One (1) Final Round winner will be determined in a Xbox One Bathurst Challenge Finale" event, in which all Preliminary Winners will compete against each other in a live, televised Forza Motorsport Xbox competition. The Preliminary Winner who wins the Hot Lap Finale will be declared the winner of the Final Round (Final Winner).
21. In the event of a tied race, the Preliminary Winners will compete again in accordance with clause 18 above until a Final Winner is determined.
22. This portion of the promotion is a game of skill and chance plays no part in the determination of the Final Winner.
23. The Final Winner will win the following prize (Final Prize):
a. $5000 USD (approx. $6,800 AUD) prize money;
b. Their Xbox gamertag emblazoned on the Xbox Bathhurst 1000 racing car and on the track; and
c. 1 x Xbox racing driver's suit as worn by one of the official Xbox racing drivers in the official Bathurst 1000 race, approximate value $1,000.
24. Total approximate value of Final Prize pool: $7,800 AUD.
25. Total prize pool value (Preliminary Prize and Final Prize): $102,800 AUD.
26. Prizes are not transferable or exchangeable and are not redeemable for cash.
27. Flights, accommodation or other forms of bookings are subject to availability. All travel arrangements are at the Promoter's discretion and dependent on the winner’s nearest capital airport. If the Promoter is unable to supply the nominated prize, or part of any nominated prize the promoters reserve the right, subject to the written directions of any authority to supply another prize of greater or equal value.
28. The Preliminary Winner and their travel partner[s] must depart from and return to the same point of departure and travel together. Preliminary Winners and their companions are solely responsible for obtaining any documents necessary for travel, including a government issued ID and/or passport for international travel.
29. All transfers, meals, beverages, extra activities, spending money and all other ancillary costs (including travel insurance) not expressly provided, as well as obtaining any of these, are the responsibility of the prize winners and their companions. In the event that, for any reason whatsoever, a prize winner does not take an element of the prize at the time stipulated by the Promoter then that element of the prize will be forfeited by the winner and cash will not be awarded in lieu of that element of the prize. Frequent Flyer points are not available for any of the flights included in the Prize. Airline tickets included in the Prize cannot be used as part-payment of another airfare. A credit card imprint or cash deposit may be required from Preliminary Winner and/or their travel partner[s] at check-in to the hotel, for all incidental charges.
30. All entries become the property of the Promoter. The Promoter's decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. No responsibility is accepted for entries not received by the Promoter. Entries will be deemed void if stolen, forged, mutilated or tampered with in any way.
31. The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of entries and to disqualify any entrant who the Promoter believes either has tampered with the entry process or has submitted an entry that is not in accordance with these conditions of entry.
32. The Promoter, in its complete discretion, may determine the Final Winner's gamertag inappropriate for publishing on the Xbox car and track and refuse this portion of the Final Prize or reach an agreement with Final Winner to have an alternate name published.
33. Entrants agree to, at the Promoter’s request, participate in any promotional activity such as videos on digital platforms including but not limited to Xbox.com surrounding this competition or the winning of any prize. Entrants agree this participation will be free of charge.
34. Entrants consent to the promoters and their associated agencies using their name and image in any media in perpetuity, without limitation and without compensation to the entrant. Entrants acknowledge that they will be filmed during the Final Round competition and consent to the recording and televising by Microsoft and any other third parties of their voice, actions, quotations, likeness, name, appearance and any information contained in, derived from or obtained in connection with their participation in the Final Round and in the competition broadly. Entrants acknowledge that the award of the Preliminary Prize may be contingent on their signing of an individual release form regarding this audio and video recording and televising of the Final Round. Failure to do so may result in a forfeiture of the Preliminary Prize and subsequent entry into the Final Round.
35. The stated prize value is the recommended retail value (including GST) in Australia as provided by the supplier and is correct at the time of printing. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the value of the prize. The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies accepts no responsibility for prizes damaged or lost in transit.
36. Before the Preliminary Prize is awarded, each Preliminary Winner and any other person/s sharing the prize with the winner will be required to sign a form to release the Promoter from any and all liability arising from the use or participation in the prize.
37. The Preliminary Prize and Final Prize are subject to third party conditions including, but not limited to, the conditions of entry of V8 Supercars Australia Pty Ltd and the Supercheap Auto Bathurst 1000. The Promoter and its related bodies corporate are not responsible or liable for any direct or indirect loss suffered by any entrant as a direct or indirect result of the conduct of V8 Supercars Australia Pty Ltd and the Supercheap Auto Bathurst 1000 organisers.
38. Any costs associated with entering the competition (including but not limited to acquiring the Motorsport 6 Xbox game and an Xbox console) are the responsibility of the entrant.
39. These terms and conditions do not, nor do they purport to, limit, exclude or modify any non-excludable statutory guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth), or any other warranties (whether express or implied) under any state or federal legislation which cannot be excluded.
40. Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, the Promoter (including their respective officers, employees and agents) exclude all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion.
41. To the fullest extent permitted by law and without limiting any other conditions of entry, the Promoter may, in their discretion, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion, subject to any directions given by any relevant authority. All entrants participating in the promotion at the point of termination, modification or suspension of the promotion will be notified by the promoters in writing. In the event of modification or suspension of the promotion, the entrant may choose to terminate their participation in the promotion at no cost.
42. Except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law, the Promoter is not responsible for:
a) any problems or technical malfunction with any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, or software, or any technical problems or traffic congestion on any computer system or at any website, or any combination thereof, including (but not limited to) any injury or damage to participants or any other person’s property related to or resulting from participation in the Promotion;
b) any incorrect or inaccurate information, caused either by users, by any of the equipment or programming associated with or used in connection with the Promotion, or by any technical error that may occur in the course of the Promotion; or
c) any error; omission; interruption; deletion; defect; delay in operation or transmission; communications line failure; theft; or destruction or unauthorised access to, or alteration of, entries or Entrants’ details.
43. Any attempt to cause damage to any website or the information on any website associated with this Promotion or to otherwise undermine the fair and legitimate operation of this Promotion may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. The Promoter reserves the right to seek damages in the fullest extent permitted by law in the event that any such attempt is made, whether or not that attempt results in any such damage, interference or undermining.
45. Permit Numbers: NSW Permit No LTPS/15/06690, ACT Permit No TP 15/07160 ; SA T15/1474.